The viscosity of the waterproof material used in our daily life is more important, so how to judge the viscosity of the product, how much do you know about this knowledge? So, why not follow us to find out how to measure the viscosity of acrylic emulsion!
Outflow method: Tu-4 cup method is representative of the outflow method: the liquid (acrylic emulsion) is contained in a fixed-volume (usually 100 ml) thick-walled funnel made of plastic or metal. The upper part is cylindrical, the lower part is conical, and the bottom has a tubular circular hole with an aperture of 4 mm and a length of 4 mm. Place the coating 4-cup horizontally, block the small hole with your fingers, fill with lotion, make the liquid level flush with the top edge of the cup (in order to fill the coating-4 cup, you can fill the emulsion overflow Some to the concave edge of the cup mouth). Remove the plugging finger relatively quickly, and press the stopwatch at the same time to start timing, until the outflow of liquid (acrylic emulsion) is suddenly disconnected, and stop timing when it is no longer continuous. The viscosity of the emulsion is expressed in outflow time (seconds). The test result shall be taken as the average of two determinations which are not much different. Similar to Tu-4 cups, there are Tu-1 cups, Ford cups (Ford 4 # cups), etc. The difference is that the cup capacity and the diameter and length of the outflow hole are different.
Cylinder shearing method: The acrylic emulsion is sheared between two cylinders in one motion and one static. The viscosity of the acrylic emulsion determines the resistance or torque of the cylinder rotation, so a relatively good viscosity of the liquid can be obtained. Available rotational viscometers are: Brookfield viscometers of different models, Rotovisco viscometers, NDJ-1 viscometers, etc. Each viscometer can be measured at different shear speeds or shear stresses by changing the diameter and speed of the drum Viscosity. For non-Newtonian fluids, the rheological information at low shear rate and high shear rate can be obtained at the same time, so that the storage and application performance of the coating can be understood.
0010010 nbsp; 0010010 nbsp; 0010010 nbsp; Well, we have introduced the outflow method and the cylinder shear method for the method of measuring the viscosity of the emulsion. .
- How to choose a better quality glue
- What are the characteristics and precautions of window glue?
- What are the uses of aluminum foil tape?
- What should be paid attention to when using water-based varnish?
- What are the advantages of water-based varnish?
- Common faults and solutions of water-based varnish
- What factors affect the gloss of water-based varnish
- Reasons and solutions for spotting of aluminum coating film glue
- Why does the internal stress of the glue cause displacement of the compounding of the aluminized film glue?
- Brief introduction of aluminum foil adhesive
- Full analysis of hardcover mounting glue
- Acrylic emulsion factory introduces some construction considerations of the playground
- Understand the basic knowledge of aluminum foil adhesive
- Application of acrylic emulsion adhesive
- Definition and characteristics of laminating adhesive
- How to use pure water-based sealant
- How to choose the right glue
- Application control of water-based varnish and introduction of precautions
- Features and application characteristics of laminating adhesive
- Classification and basic performance characteristics of acrylic emulsions